Re: [microsound] Powerbook hard drive speed

Whether firewire drives perform better or worse depends on a number of
things including what other firewire devices are attached/being used -
For me my slow internal powerbook drive benchmarks better than my faster
firewire drive - this may have something to do with there being only one
firewire port and i also have my m-audio 410 hooked up to it.  Your best
bet is to replace the internal with this:
HITACHI/IBM 2.5" 60GB 08K0939 NOTEBOOK HDD 9.5MM *7200RPM* 8 MB
the best price I've seen for it is *$203.00 *and I think the shipping
will run you another $10.  That's here:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=AA22680

or if you don't mind sparing the 10GB you can double your cache and
lower your cash (sorry ;)
TOSHIBA 2.5 50GB MK5024GAY NOTEBOOK HARDDRIVE 7200RPM /16MB
That's for $192 here:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=AA25180

There may be other options but these are the two I know of.

One of these will definitely be my next upgrade.  Just have to hold off
until after 4/15...

..sander
*
*