Re: [microsound] pi_day 2004 drop box - (was) MARCH 12 deadline

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 06:26, Kim Cascone wrote:
> OK I made a drop box <'pi_day 2004 drop box'> on the server for anyone
> who wants to contribute to the project...please do NOT confuse this
> with the 'pi_day2003 drop box' which is last years drop box and no
> longer being used...

Am I the first? and only?

find my piece (Pi_Roggen.mp) in  niklas drop box

What I did:

A nice formalistic piece based on the number Î (Pi).
drone at 31.4Hz, higher harmonics artificially added at n*31.4Hz with an
amplitude of n*pi
3min 14sec long,
All effect-settings were natural multples of Î,
the virtual room size of the reverb is based on natural multiples of Î
(20*pi meters long, 2*pi meters high, 5*pi meters wide).
The piece's lowest layer consists of a sound that repeats after n-times
1/Î <minutes>.<seconds>. (ie after 31.831 seconds, after 0.63662sec,
etc..., a bit hard to hear, but there nevertheless).
Speech samples of somebody saying Î (in English), grossly mutilated.
Oh and the title is a russian delicatesse spelled in German.
And all this made again using only Open-Source Software (Linux on ppc,
SuperCollider, ardour, jamin, LADSPA-plugins) in my new home: New
Zealand :-)

Cheers

Niklas