Re: [microsound] Pierre Henry

Mike <junior@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone have any recommendations for recordings by Pierre Henry? I'm
> curious.
> Something readily available on CD preferred, of course...

Hi Mike. Even though I own copies of about 9 releases, three personal recommendations would be:

- Mouvement.Rythme.Etude

- Le Livre des Morts Egyptien

- L'homme a la Camera

I think the first one listed is an interesting precursor to today's microsound esthétique. I know that Philips has reissued two of these among several other releases which I have yet to get, but as is usually the case with Philips, they charge an arm and a leg for a single CD release...  I hope at least part of the reason is that they pay artist royalties...

Best, Dale

Dale Lloyd: http://www.and-oar.org/dalelloyd.html
and/OAR: http://www.and-oar.org/