[microsound] RE:TG Cancelled

We are very sorry to have to announce that it will NOT be possible to present the RE~TG event as planned on May 14th-16th 2004.
Despite good sales for the event (in excess of 1600 tickets), unexpected cost rises and scheduling complications would have required the festival virtually to sell out before enough funds were generated to stage the RE~TG festival in the manner originally intended by T.G, Paul Smith and Foundation.

All ticket holders will be offered a FULL refund from point of purchase

OR alternatively

you can transfer your tickets to the TG-curated ATP weekend event at the same venue which is confirmed for April 15 - 17th 2005, at which TG have agreed to give their last ever concert performance.

All the other artists on the current RETG bill have been invited to play and in addition we anticipate the participation of a number of yet-to-be-confirmed 'high-profile' special guests whose previous schedules did not allow them to take part in this year's festival.

TG have asked me to pass on their personal apologies to everyone for the obvious inconvenience these rearrangements will cause and to stress that this situation was NOT the band's doing.

Mindful that many people will have already booked travel to the UK from afar, TG have decided to invite all CURRENT ticket holders to a PRIVATE RECORDING SESSION at a secret location in central London on the AFTERNOON of Sunday May 16th ( the same day they would have played at RE~TG).

This invitation is FREE & ONLY available to current ticket holders and is offered regardless of whether you also select a full refund of your ticket money or you choose to transfer your ticket to ATP 2005.

RE~TG ticket holders will be notified directly and the details listed on the ATP and TG web site in the next few days.
This recording session event will not be open to the general public.
The result of the recording will be a totally new TG work - & released as a TG DVD later in the year
Exclusive TG related artifacts, some which were intended for sale @ RE~TG will be available exclusively for sale at the recording session.

All those concerned in the realisation of RE~TG are very sorry to disappoint all those who were looking forward to RE~TG event, and are working hard to make up, in whatever practical way we can, to overcome this otherwise insurmountable problem.

RE~TG has constantly suffered from scurrilous rumours of Throbbing Gristle playing at other events in various parts of the world.
Please be aware that TG will not be playing at ANY other events whatsoever & ATP @ Camber Sands on 15-17 April 2005 is TG's only & final public performance.