Re: [microsound] Silence But Louder

How about an LP of silence, for example, "Marcel
Marceau's Greatest Hits" (or whetever it's called), an
actual album (comedy?) with about 20 minutes of
silence each side followed by clapping. Or a "one
sided" LP, with side two a wide spiral groove of
silence (also in my collection)? Or a casette tape of
silence-sometimes in the 80s, someone (Alternative
Tentacles? Dead Kennedys?) released a cassette with
all the songs on one side, side 2 blank with a
statement to the effect of, "They say home taping is
kiing the record industry. We left side 2 blank so you
could help." Or the phenomenon of recording empty
rooms for "spirit voices" or the similar phenomenon of
listening to highly amplified blank tape (that may in
some cases have been left sitting out in the presence
of a spirit or "presence") for voices from the
beyond...

But cds... the only thing that I know of that comes
close is the recent discussion of blank tracks for
sale on-what is it?-the iPod store? Blank tracks
intended to "complete" and entire cd (which is sold
with a blank track for some reason) are available for
purchase for 99 cents.

Sometimes when I listen to my Francisco Lopez cds I
get the music confused with the sound of my
refridgerator.