[microsound] Last Chance to Submit to Phantom Power!

Attention Video Artists, VJs, MAX/MSP Programmers, Audio Art Lovers and Festival Freaks!

Phantom Power is a pan-Canadian three day audio and video festival facilitated by the W.K.P. Kennedy Gallery of North Bay, Ontario. Currently we are looking for video art to screen alongside the audio art performances. Our general theme is the paranormal / ephemeral / horror / spirits / the fantastic / random frequencies from beyond, although we are interested in other works as well. Videos will be projected in a nightclub (Friday) and a grand old theatre (Saturday) with state-of-the-art equipment, enveloped in live audio performance that unfolds in relation to the videos. An experimental turntablism workshop / lecture and a presentation / discussion of net.labels and online media art communities complement our programme.

Confirmed audio art performers include: Kero (Windsor/Detroit), Tobias C. van Veen (Montreal), Tomas Jirku (Vancouver), Thinkbox (Windsor/Detroit), Magali Babin (Montreal), Max Haiven (Halifax), Marinko Jareb (aka DJ Machine from St. Catherine?s), Jon Vaughn (Saskatoon), and Carrie Gates (Saskatoon).

Please submit your single-track, silent video works (minimum duration of SIX MINUTES, please!) in DVD, CDR, or mini-DV formats to:

attn: Dermot Wilson
W.K.P. Kennedy Gallery
150 Main Street East
North Bay, ON
P1B 3A8
(705) 474-1944 (ext. 231, 227)

Deadline: April 30th 2004

This will be a juried selection, and CARFAC fees will be paid!

http://www.kennedygallery.org/phantompower.html
http://www.notype.com/digidome/
http://www.djkero.com/
http://www.thinkbox.ca/