Re: [microsound] rude skipping

----- Original Message -----
From: zero zero-1

> your right....i am rude. apologies.  Long night of drinking and debating.
> I should never respond when I have been drinking.

Accepted, it's not like you are the only one who's ever done that...

> That said, I have been to the databenders site and find that to be a more
> interesting approach to playing with sound.  But building an instrument
can be
> like building a patch, so build away and enjoy.  And don't burn your
laptop.  I
> wouldn't burn mine. ;-)  but i would bring a skipping cd to a show before
i would
> use a patch.

Well, so would I, unless such a patch would have a midi controler to set the
quality of the error correction of the imaginary cd player, that would be a
lot of fun.

While on the toppic of skipping cds, I'd like to get some feedback from the
list on a thought I've been having for a while now. I have some tracks on cd
that include the sound of a skipping cd player, some others that include the
sound of skipping record needles. I have other tracks on vinyl with similar
sounds. (like I guess everybody here)

I always felt that artefacts sounding like mistakes in the medium I was
playing from at the moment had a added effect, a subconcious restlesness. I
would think then that for a track released in both mediums there would have
to be seperate versions to maintain the same psychological effect, albeit
with a completely different sound.

I looked around but none of the tracks in my own collection do this. has it
been done at all? Does anybody agree this would be a logical thing to do?
Wouldn't it be unethical to distribute these in a mp3 format without
creating a third version with compression artefacts?

Please excuse my babeling if I should read more and this has all been
thought, said and done before.

yours,
kas.