RE: [microsound] On promo

On Wed, 5 May 2004, justino aka Jorge Bachmann wrote:
> > But please realize that everyone is
> >doing their part in keeping relatively obscure music alive. I feel
> >that people on this list group who constantly complain about promo
> >e-mails are in danger of damning the same music they pretend to
> >support.

Exactly.

I second Jorge's (and Neil's) opinion. Please keep in mind that many, if
not most labels/groups work with very limited budgets and so e-mail
promo is often the only kind of promo they can afford. Annoying promo is
annoying promo, too much crossposting is too much crossposting, and yes
of course, there need to be some rules (and yes, i, too, would like to,
in general, see more discussion than just promo/ads on this list) and
people need to use their common sense when posting promo, but every now
and then labels/groups/whateva do need to get to tell about their new
releases, etc, somewhere else, too, than just their own small list or
their websites. I personally don't mind hearing about new releases and
seeing some promo on this list.

Peace,
Karri O.