[microsound] Books on DSP?

Hi

Wordered if anyone could recomend a book on DSP in a musical setting.

I'm only just starting to look at DSP and have found some usefull stuff on the web but whilst looking at various textbooks recently they all seemed a lot more concerned with communications technology, RADAR and SONAR type uses etc. I have no engineering background so learning the math and equations would be a lot easier from a musical perspective. The microsound book looks good "offer[ing] composition theory, historical accounts, technical overviews, acoustical experiments, descriptions of musical works, and aesthetic reflections" but something similar concerned with DSP would be the kind of thing I'm after.

Thanks for your help

Best

Murray
(dj_spleenbaby)

Also a little bit of self promotion. A friend and I have been doing improvised guitar for a while now and are starting to improvised electronic/laptop stuff aswell. Not all of the content is finished yet but chek out (if yr intrested)

www.thelowsandthehighs.co.uk
www.plexusmusic.co.uk

Cheers