Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:45:18 -0400
To: microsound <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: andrew jones <liminal18@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [microsound] Re: summer book lists?

true, but that's a blind experiment.
what I'm thinking of here is that you have
to be experienced in the basic structures
of language (i.e. grammar etc.) to read, but you don't have to know
dick to enjoy music. Hence an author can play with
words knowing his audience will (hopefully get it) while a musician
can cleverly blend all sorts of structures behind music
and yet if it doesn't make an aesthetic effect, your average
listening won't know. How do you make a pun in music?

-