Re: [microsound] Re: summer book lists?

hi

( 04.06.29 01:13 +0000 ) Phil Thomson:
> I guess you could do this with computer music too.

yes- it would make a great project [glich music is about putting things
in a new context, and some people here do music by putting field
recordings in a different context].

maybe the rules are like this:

- get a list of 'players'
- create 10 [or 7] seconds of music
- take the last second and put it in a different file
- remove this last second from the orinal file and 'submit' it
- send the 'last second' to the next person on the list
- when all the pieces are done, they can be strung together

any takers?

> One person could write a line of zeroes and ones on a sheet of paper
> and pass it to the next person.

this could be done too, but what about using computer files to hold the
binary data? i'd imagine it'd be much more non-linear than the way i
suggest above. this is not saying anything about better or worse.

--