Re: [microsound] spectralist CD?

on 6/12/04 5:06 PM, Arie van Schutterhoef at arsche@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> it is timbre-based music
> -I think that this not correct:
> timbre contains more elements than Fourier Analysis
> shows, there is the general amplitude curvature, but
> also the grouping of overtones, the amount of noise
> and quit important: the attack and decay.

Fourier Analysis (as well other analysis/synthesis techniques)
relate to the harmonic structure of the sound..... thus timbre.
Even if you leave some very subtle parameters of the sound outside
the acoustic result is one that relates mostly to the timbre
than pitch.

I said timbre from the point of the acoustic result.
In this kind of music personally I do not listen-perceive
pitches even if they are there, but timbres.

regards
Thanos