Re: [microsound] spectralist CD?

On 11/06/04 10:34, Paulo Mouat said in living color:

>> can anyone recommend a good Spectralist CD comp? have done some
>> reading on the genre and wanted to check out some of the work...
>> ???
<snip>
> There's also the already mentioned Tristan Murail, of whom I very much
> like:

I would add to this very good (snipped) list another work by Murail which I
love (and which I might play in the near future!): "Territoires de l'oubli"
(for piano). Try to get Roger Muraro's recording of it if you somehow manage
to come upon it.

One of the most impressive and successful pieces written for the piano in
"recent" history, I think. I'd describe it as exploded Messiaen, frozen in
time. Maybe.

Also, an exploration of the romanian spectralists would be time well
invested. Radulescu has already been mentioned by another poster. Also,
Dumitrescu, Avram.

g.

--
Guillaume Grenier - grenier.g@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before."

(Dwight Eisenhower)