[microsound] Hello again from slapart.com (3 new mp3 releases)

Welcome to a revitalised Slapart.

Data sound - you got it.  Other aesthetics as well - all electronic - all experimental.  It's almost like a pool.  Choose a sound and dip it in your ideology, remove it, step back and let it shine.  data sound is one thing you can let drip, tinges of guitar another, field recordings,etc.  You'll find at all at slapart.com!

As we piece together our website, enjoy these new free downloads from our little corner of this electronic life.

----------------------
slapmp3_o17
----------------------
v.stevenson "FROMWAYS"
----------------------

Music is a type of travel. And as you travel, the soundscape always exist in constant flux.
A bird, a tree, a truck, the changing distance of objects from a car window play their symphony
and the driver and passenger(s) slip in and out of awareness of their melody. Objects and buildings
and people and views one only peripherally notices for a very short time, never to encounter again.
v.stevenson's "fromways" is influenced by this wrenching experience of "passing through," but its as
if each perceptible turn of the head is recorded and examined.

It's a ten-minute piece separated into five sections each titled after towns the author "passed through"
on a summer drive.

slapmp3_o18
Guignol Dangereux "Light Sound Distraction"

With the references so obvious, I shouldn't have to say more. But don't be scared off, these tracks are
two treasures of psychedelic ambient listening from Italian Dj Guignol Dangereux.  Beautiful, melodious,
reverb-based tracks for late night listening.

------------------------
slapmp3_o19
Jon Vaughn "Anthem Brut"

Like a monkey that dances for his master at the fair. The old man perpetually cranks a magical box, which
due to the slight variations in force of the master's turning hand always emits rhythmic melodies slightly
in and out of phase with one another. A new territory in Vaughn's work based more on samples and drone-like,
forever changing rhythms than his prior release [slapmp3_009]. If IDM can be non-idiomatic, this is it.
Good ol homegrown funk from the vaste Canadian land of Saskatchewan.

Look out for the new Hafler Trio on Slapart, almost available now!  Order one from our
pre-order rate of $14 plus shipping now.