[microsound] RICHARD CHARTIER > 06.2004 > new releases > upcoming events > CHESSMACHINE CD OUT NOW

hello to all of you,
this is the ( albeit a bit late) JUNE installment of the RICHARD
CHARTIER update....

just back from the always wonderful MUTEK festival where Ivan Pavlov
and I presented the world premiere performance of our collaborative
work CHESSMACHINE with video by Dmitry Gelfand & Evelina Domnitch the
performance went quite well and got many people to raise their eyebrows
in confusion and surprise, especially at me being quite LOUD and
NOISEY....(can you believe it!)  a video excerpt of early part of the
performance can be seen online:
http://zed.cbc.ca/go.ZeD?
POS=6&CONTENT_ID=140005&mediaSize=double&FILTER_KEY%0A=45325&page=media-
viewer

currently arranging CHESSMACHINE to be continued in YOUR city : )

summer of love? summer of loath?

> NEW/RECENT RELEASES

 > CD OUT NOW . William Basinski + Richard Chartier [ Spekk, Japan ]
 > mini CDROM OUT NOW!. 00:dedaih [ Synchron, Switzerland ] with
Steinbruchel, Stephan Mathieu, Frank Bretschnieder, Richard Chartier

a very limited number of signed copies of these releases are now
available through via the 3particles pay pal shop:
http://www.3particles.com/paypal

 > CD OUT NOW . CHESSMACHINE [ Mutek_rec, Canada ]  http://www.mutek.ca

i have 10 copies of this cd for sale. the first 5 buyers will receive
one of the limited edition CHESSMACHINE pins made for the live
performance. because of the limited quantity please contact me directly
about purchasing: chartier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx    $16US / $18 WORLD
(including shipping)

> UPCOMING EVENTS

 >LIVE . Austin Museum of Digital Art AMODA [ Austin, Texas ] June 11,
2004

 > LIVE . Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art [ LA, California ] June
24, 2004
                in conjunction with the exhibit "A MINIMAL FUTURE? ART
AS OBJECT 1958-1968"

 > LIVE . Recombinant  Labs Compound ( with MATMOS (US) FRANCIS DHOMONT
(France) JEAN FRANÇOIS DENIS (Canada) )
               [ San Francisco, California ] June 25, 26. (short set:
approx 25 minutes) http://www.asphodel.com/doc/news.live.html

 > LIVE . Festival Garage [ Straslund, Germany ] date in late july
august to be confirmed.

> UPCOMING RELEASES, ETC

 > 2x12" . 1.8 compilation. The compilation will be 2x12" records with 4
tracks, 8 artists on each. Each artist has contributed a 1.8 second
sound file to be a lock groove. Each work ends with another artists'
lockgroove. Includes tracks by Richard Chartier, Tim Hecker, Mitchell
Akiyama, Duul_Drv, Taylor Deupree, Kim Cascone, 3x3is9, Roel Meelkop.
June/July 2004. (1.8)sec.records is an electronic label based out of
Canada.  (1.8)sec.records LP releases utilize the physical properties
of the medium within each release.  http://www.1pt8.tk

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ]  August 2004. http://www.n160.com .
This elaborately aluminum packaged cd compilation curated by Nibo [
LINE/Raster-Noton] will contain the piece "retrieval#3(for placodes).
artists on this compilation: carsten nicolai, christophe charles, frank
bretschneider, nibo, byetone, richard chartier, sachiko.m, sogar, steve
roden, taylor deupree, and otomo yoshihide

 > LP . Retrieval  [ ERS, The Netherlands ] 2004. my first solo vinyl
release.

 > CD . Performance  [ Trente Oiseaux ] Fall 2004. Live performance
recording from 2003/2004.

 > CD . SPEC.2 / Specification.fifteen with Taylor Deupree [ TBA ]
2004/5. initial work has begun on this collaboration. It will be based
on our collaborative performances in Rome and Madrid in March.

 > PRINT . "L-NExtraction" limited edition of 50 signed/numbered edition
4 color process iris graphic print on archival rives BFK. more details
to come.

 > BOOK . "On the surface of silence: reticence in the music of Richard
Chartier" by Will Montgomery in BLOCKS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE
UNBROKEN CONTINUUM. Publisher: Sound 323. Editors: Brian Marley+Mark
Wastell. Fall 2004