[microsound] haunted weather

Hi,

I've been meaning to get my hands on David Toop's "Haunted Weather" since the discussion on the list that stemmed from the book (and went all over the place); having read David Stubbs's review of it in last month's Wire today I was intrigued even further, and stirred by one sentence in special, in which Stubbs mentions that Toop "muses on the impossibility of 'sound photography' as a means of sonic, as opposed to conventionally visual, historical documentation". May any microsounders who have gone through the book be interested in elaborating and discussing Toop's point here? I've placed an order, but my copy won't arrive before ten days, plus I'm eager to hear what other readers might have to say.

M.