Re: [microsound] summer book lists?

Currently: Bas van Fraasen - The Empirical Stance.  Not sure where he's going
yet but I appreciate the snarky remarks about materialist metaphysics (hee
hee).

Recently: Roger Scruton - the Aesthetics of Music.  Yes he's a Tory, and he
doesn't know anything about computer music, but this is a great book.
Patricia McKillip - Alphabet of Thorn.  If you think fantasy cannot be as
good as science fiction (or literature), then check this author out.  This is one
of her best.
Stanley Cavell - the Claim of Reason.  As a major Wittgenstein-head I can't
believe it took me so long to get to this.  Essential (if a bit dated in spots).

Next: Donald Davidson - Problems of Rationality.  Volume Four of his
collected papers.  For me volume 3 (Subjective, Intersubjective, Objective) is the
killer but this looks good too.

D.