[microsound] Re: broadcasting sound outdoors...

List members:

Has anyone ever done an outdoor sound piece involving electronics?
Specifically, this will be a freestanding sculpture in a park
setting, and I want for it to play a piece presented from either a CD
or DVD... I am thinking that the sound will have to be broadcast w/
wireless signal somehow, but it's an area that I'm unfamiliar with...

Most of the outdoor sound sculptures I have seen have been
wind-powered (ie. the sound element reacts to the wind)

Also wondering about weather/waterproof speakers, components, etc...

If anyone has any opinions or technological advice I'd appreciate it,
either on or off list.

Thanks,
Mark Laliberte

VISUAL: http://www.marklaliberte.com