Re: [microsound][ot] rnd text poetry

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:51:16 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Ximm <ghede@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> They certainly can catch the eye and ear; I've been collecting these, I've
> got a couple hundred messages cached with the intention to collect them
> all into a chapbook of sorts. I thought it would be nice to hand-bind
> some, perhaps set in conjunction with hand-colored versions of magnified
> pixelated images -- paint-by-numbers for few-thousand square images.

(note: I've been a lurker for a month or two; I was going to lurk
until I had something of a musical nature to add to the discussion,
but I figured this is a good time as any to start posting...)

I too have been collecting these spam messages for some
as-yet-to-be-determined art (video and/or audio) project.  Another
thing I find interesting is the short bits of real literature that
sometimes gets inserted; it's as if you're playing a game whereby you
take a book, turn to a random page, and read only a certain paragraph
on that page.  It's interesting to see small sections of a novel taken
completely out of their context.

Anyway, as I said, I've been collecting and saving my spam messages
since April and have a little over 6200 message now (hmm...that works
out to be around 50 per day, yikes!)  If anybody wants a corpus of
spam messages to work from, drop me a line, and I can zip/tar.gz my
stash.

cheers,

nick