[microsound] RICHARD CHARTIER > 09.04 > new releases > events > SET OR PERFORMANCE & EDITION 4CD out now

hello to all of you,
autumn is coming......
the leaves will turn...for the better i hope....

- NEW / RECENT RELEASES

 > CD OUT NOW . William Basinski + Richard Chartier [ Spekk, Japan ]
 > CD OUT NOW . CHESSMACHINE [ Mutek_rec, Canada ]  (collaboration with
COH/Ivan Pavlov)

 > OUT NOW . Set or Performance  [ LINE, NY  ]  first Live performance
recording release. recorded live to disc at VOLT/AA deep listening
event held at SAT [ Montreal, Canada ] December 2003. Shipping on Sept
7.

 > 4CD OUT NOW . Edition [ LINE, NY ]
In celebration of LINE's 4th anniversary documenting installations and
works by composers exploring the aesthetics of contemporary and digital
minimalism we are proud to announce the release of this special limited
edition packaging 4 CD set entitled Edition. Edition is a collection of
the 4 critically acclaimed full length LINE cd releases: Series from
2000 (LINE_001), Of Surfaces from 2002 (LINE_008), Two Locations from
2003 (LINE_013), and the brand new live recording Set or Performance
(LINE_018). For more information on each CD please view them in the
LINE catalog and reviews section. This special re-packaging release is
strictly limited to 100 signed and numbered units. Lavishly yet simply
designed, Edition is a double gatefold package offset printed in 3 inks
in which the CDs rest on high density foam hubs separated by diecut
vellum sheets. Liner notes from each original sleeve are reprinted
within. This cd will only be available through the 12k/LINE website
store, 3particles.com, and my live shows.

a very limited number of signed copies of these releases are now
available
via the 3particles pay pal shop:  http://www.3particles.com/paypal
the next 30 orders will receive a free 3particles button designed
by.... me. :)

- ONLINE MUSIC

 > DOWNLOAD . Silver has been made available for free download as part
of the LOOP1 online compilation. http://www.loop.cl
or international users:
http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?
collection=soulseek_artists&collectionid=loop01
 > DOWNLOAD . Two Locations and out of print 0/R (with *0/Nosei Sakata)
projects soon to be available via Apple's ITUNES Store.

- UPCOMING EVENTS

 > EXHIBIT . "Herein, Then" in Ecoute @ Centre Pompidou [ Paris, France
] Sept 2004-Jan 2005
 > LIVE . Decibel Festival [ Seattle, Washington, US ] Sept 25, 2004
http://www.decibelfestival.com
 > LIVE . San Francisco Art Institute [ SF, US ] Oct 20, 2004
 > LIVE .  12k/LINE/Apestaartje showcase shows @ Tonic [ NYC ] November
(date to be confirmed)
 > LIVE . Presences Electronique [ Paris, France ] February 2005
 > DJ . MIES @ Blueroom [ Washington, DC ] This is my new bi-weekly
night that I am hosting and DJing. http://www.3particles.com/mies

- UPCOMING RELEASES, ETC

 > 2x12" . 1.8 compilation. The compilation will be 2x12" records with 4
tracks, 8 artists on each. Each artist has contributed a 1.8 second
sound file to be a lock groove. Each work ends with another artists'
lockgroove. Includes tracks by Richard Chartier, Tim Hecker, Mitchell
Akiyama, Duul_Drv, Taylor Deupree, Kim Cascone, 3x3is9, Roel Meelkop.
Autumn 2004. (1.8)sec.records is an electronic label based out of
Canada.  (1.8)sec.records LP releases utilize the physical properties
of the medium within each release.

 > LP . Retrieval  [ ERS, The Netherlands ] 2004. my first solo vinyl
release. Autumn 2004. This will be two works that were created at my
artist residency at the Music Research Centre @ York University, UK.
based on soundfiles and loops of mine from 1990-1993.

 > BOOK . "On the surface of silence: reticence in the music of Richard
Chartier" by Will Montgomery in BLOCKS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE
UNBROKEN CONTINUUM. Publisher: Sound 323. Editors: Brian Marley+Mark
Wastell. Fall 2004

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ]  delayed: Nov 2004. This elaborately
aluminum packaged cd compilation curated by Nibo [ LINE/Raster-Noton]
will contain the piece "retrieval#3(for placodes). artists on this
compilation: Carsten Nicolai, Christophe Charles, Frank Bretschneider,
Nibo, Byetone, Richard Chartier, Sachiko.M, Sogar, Steve Roden, Taylor
Deupree, and Otomo Yoshihide. http://www.n160.com

 > 2CD . POST-POST-FABRICATED [ DSP Recordings, Italy ]  Winter 2005.
This 2CD project will have the reformed/remastered Post-Fabricated CD
(originally issued on CDR on Dutch label Microwave in 1999 as an
edition of 200). I was never happy with the sound quality of the final
master due to the engineer and my analog recording limitations at the
time. I recently uncovered the original sound file elements backups and
have reconstructed it in its full digital vitality. This is an odd
recording for me, which you could say is my most "pop" release in its
quirky rhythmic elements. The second CD will be comprised of
remixes/reworkings from the original files by Frank Bretschneider, COH,
Taylor Deupree, Freiband, Goem, Carsten Nicolai, Sogar, SND, Asmus
Tietchens, Vend, and others including one by me. Unreleased works from
the 1998 sessions may be included as well.  http://www.dsprecs.com

 > CD . Kapotte Muziek re-working commissioned for Korm Plastics. 2005

 > CD . SPEC.2 / Specification.fifteen with Taylor Deupree [ LINE ]
2005. initial work has begun on this collaboration. It will be based on
our collaborative performances in Rome and Madrid in March and our ICC
installation.

 > PRINT . "L-NExtraction" limited edition of 30 signed/numbered edition
4 color process iris graphic print on archival rives BFK. more details
to come.

 > CD . Arrangements (working title) [ Raster-Noton. Germany ] 2005