[microsound] slow sound system : motion / recon mp3s + resonance fm show

SLOW SOUND SYSTEM
LIE DOWN AND BE COUNTED

New stuff for September 2004 ...

-----

MOTION / RECON MP3 STREAM
We have a brand new set by acclaimed sound artist Chris Coode, aka Motion
(12k, Line, Fat Cat) and Recon (Highpoint Lowlife). It's a live set he did
for us at the Foundry in February this year.

The set is a mix of the static, microscopic Motion sound and the
stripped-down Chain Reaction techno of Chris' recent experiments as Recon. A
rich and beautiful soundscape. Listen now at http://www.slowsound.net.

Praise for Motion: ' If only all music were like the good parts of Every
Action.' Stylus
Praise for Recon: 'glimpses into infinite rhythms that will go on
reverberating long after we're redirected our ears.' The Wire

Get hold of Motion at http://www.12k.com and Recon at
http://www.highpointlowlife.com.

Over the next few months we'll be hosting our entire library of live sets
online, thanks to the kind folks at http://www.archive.org. Look out for
material from Crucial Felix/Timeblind, Adam Butler/Vert, Sebastien Roux,
Duff Parka, Paul Hood, Murmer, Dual and others.

-----

'SMALL PIECES', FRIDAYS, RESONANCE 104.4FM
We're co-hosting a new show on Resonance FM. It's called 'Small Pieces' and
is run by the slow sound system, Sprawl, Highpoint Lowlife Records and
[no.signal], with regular guest spots from DFuse, MidRange and others.

We're really pleased about this - it gives all the interlocking players of
the London scene a platform to present themselves. The show runs every
Friday night, 12am-1am GMT. Go to 104.4fm in London, or
http://www.resonancefm.com everywhere else.

Eric from [no.signal] kicks off this Friday night, highlighting artists from
this month's Sonic Acts Festival in Amsterdam. Expect material from Chris
Watson, Byetone, Fennesz, Philip Jeck, DJ /Rupture, CM Von Hausswolff and
others. For more info, head to http://nosignal.slab.org and
http://www.sonicacts.com.

-----

PLAYLIST
What's on the decks at the moment:

Ken Ikeda - Merge (Touch)
Six Organs of Admittance - The Manifestation / The Six Stations (Strange
Attractors)
Matmos - The Civil War (Matador) (again ...)
Various Artists - There Is No Hidden Meaning (kabukikore)
Mouse On Mars - Radical Connector (Sonig)
Arve Henriksen - Chiarascuro (Rune Grammafon)
Recon - White Label Deconstruction (Highpoint Lowlife)

-----

Happy listening!

slow sound system

slow sound system
a walk on the mild side

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.slowsound.net

-----
in league w/ [no.signal] | sonomu | highpointlowlife | midrange | frequenzen
| kultureflash | sprawl
-----
-----

'small pieces', every friday night on resonance 104.4fm, 12-1am |
http://www.resonancefm.com
'there is no hidden meaning' compilation, out now on kabuki kore |
http://www.kabukikore.net

-----

'midrange sessions', forthcoming on coombe records |
http://www.coomberecords.com
slow sound system vs. posset, 'entropy sessions' out now on kabuki kore |
http://www.kabukikore.net
'first steps' out now on grain of sound |
http://www.grainofsound.com
remix and rebuild project on 8bitrecs |
http://www.8bitrecs.com
imax photogallery |
http://www.lomohomes.com/imax

-----

[no.signal] : promoters of genius |
http://nosignal.slab.org
london headphones festival 2004 |
http://state51.org/placard
sonomu : sound noise music |
http://www.sonomu.net
highpointlowlife : guitars and laptops live happily ever after |
http://www.highpointlowlife.com
frequenzen, fortnightly on resonance 104.4fm |
http://www.frequenzen.co.uk
kultureflash : headlines from london |
http://www.kultureflash.net
sprawl club @ lifthouse |
http://www.dfuse.com/sprawl

-----
-----
no? reply to this mail with 'get off' in the subject line
-----