Re: [microsound] OSX sound apps

>and mnortham ( michael northam), the interview with him in Sound Projector magazine is one of the most inspiring pieces i've ever read from a musician.

Have heard a few of mnortham tracks on comps (did he create a cd with Lopez?), Anyhow have really been interested to track down a complete release by mnortham.

Someone doing interesting things with a computer would be Mattin, somehow he manages to trully turn the computer into a instrument without what appears to be the aid of software, go figure.

One of my favorite release's of 2003 "Open" - erstwhile 032, is a really strong combination of field recordings, software, and amplified textures, for me Open kinda takes the best of both worlds (natural sound and computer processing) and produces two excellent tracks where all the sounds really meld well together, the two recordings are improviations between three people.

Ok, prolly more than anyone wanted to hear.

Scott Allison