Re: Sv: [microsound] OT: CDR sound quality

jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>In the early days of CDR a few english audiophiles were amazed
to find that
>a CD copied to a CDR would sound better. And of course
everyone laughed
>since it seemed ridiculous that a digital copy would sound better
or even
>different.

i certainly recall a cassette with dolby B or C on sounding better
once it was transferred to DAT.  at the time i had no experience or
knowledge of such things so i wasn't "expecting" it.

>try Taiyo
>Yuden which do som nice CDR:s. And then there are the CDR:s
manufactured for
>archival purposes - I tried a few of those and they sounded more
than o.k.
>(but they are also expensive).

thanks!  i always hear about taiyo yuden and i need to get a bunch
of those instead of my friend continually buying cheap store
blowouts.  the irony is, we used to use mitsui CDs for stand-alone
burning, but they don't work too well in the TDK 40x burner on the
computer!  i hope the TYs will be better.