Re: [microsound] CD Duplication

> I have never heard of any company, anywhere in the world that does CD
> Replication in numbers less than 500.... and i have looked high and low,,,
> i can find on the Discmakers site where you see that they will do 300
> discs?
> Replicated?   please send us the link to the page if you cann,,,

It's sort of an industry "secret" (although a lot of people know this now)
that whenever you order less than 1000 (let's say 500 in this instance),
the company you're dealing with is actually having 1000 printed up, then
sitting on the remainder in the hopes that you will reorder, at which
point they can charge you full price. If a company offers 500, the price
difference between 500 and 1000 is usually less than $100.

This can be a HUGE cash cow for them as they're selling what would have
only cost you an additional $100 if you had ordered all 1000 at once for
almost ten times that price if you decide you want the other 500 later on.

On the last CD I did, I ordered 500 and recieved them in ten boxes. Sure
enough, the boxes were labelled 1 of 20, 2 of 20, etc. So those 500 I
didn't order are sitting in a warehouse somewhere (although they've
proobably been destroyed (hopefully recycled) by now).

Jonathan