Re: [microsound] project names vs real names...

good topic, i find myself musing on this one...
many local soundmakers in the michigan area use project names... some of
them have several, with each one representing some schism of their
direction, techniques, strategy or tactics... i find this interesting,
because the boundaries are often imperceptible, and i often feel,
unnecessary...
i reserve project names for ongoing collaborations, which i guess is an
old-school nod towards the concept of self-contained "bands"...
i also think that many of the artists i respect the most use a name (not
always their given name, sometimes an adopted psuedonym) for their work...
kevin drumm, aaron dilloway, rafael toral, fennesz, trimpin, irene moon, for
example...
i would also closely align those who use their initals with this (slong with
the aforementioned who use their surnames only)... such as pbk & rlw...
i like the "real"...
a sample of my $o2
thanx for the interesting question...
~will soderberg