Re: [microsound] project names vs real names...

chthonic streams writes;

> >For a first release and as compared to chosen names I certainly agree,
but
> >surely this stops being true after the first few releases?
>
> i agree with that - once a namre has been floating around, no matter
> what it is, people make an association.  this is in fact the point of
> a brand name / trademark / service mark.

Indeed. One thing I´ve been wondering about is why Panacea choose to use his
d&b on name his "Brazilia" cd on the Architectura series. It sounds exactly
like his M² work and I don´t imagine people into that post digital stuff see
his rather brutal and straightforward d&b work as a recomendation.

My guess is that it was the label´s choice because the Panacea name is much
better known. That too is a factor, I fear. It´s not a factor that´s
comfortable to admid and preferably it wouldn´t be there but it is and if
you want to sell some records you might need to take that stuff into
account.

> yes, but not everyone has as cool a name as kassen!  ; )

But I payed for it. It´s cool now, but having a name nobody ever heard is
less fun when you´re a kid. The other kids will look baffled for a second,
then look for the closest word they do know and schream that repeatedly on
top of the lungs. I never understood why but they do. Pros and cons, I
suppose, but when the cons are in the past it´s all fine. Thanks.

Yours,
Kas.