Re: [microsound] project names vs real names...

I have found, and some that I've talked to feel the
same way, that using a "fake" name, either the same
one all the time or differenet names for different
styles, afords a kind of freedom in creation. My
personal problem (and, yes, I'm working on it!) is
falling into stylistic ruts, becoming repetitious,
getting hung up trying to reconcile new directions
with my "body of work", etc. Like costumes or roll
play, pseudonyms allow (if not encourage) an escape
from oneself into something else, where (potentially)
one could be free from the pressures of expectations,
free to venture into new areas.

Other people have different reasons, sure.