[microsound] Fw: TRONDHEIM MATCHMAKING 2004

WELCOME TO
TRONDHEIM MATCHMAKING 2004 !
Trondheim Electronical Arts Centre welcomes you to the third annual minifestival for new technology and electronic arts: TRONDHEIM MATCHMAKING 2004!
Supported by the Arts Council Norway, PNEK, and Trondheim kommune.

5 days : 5 places
-wednesday 13th -thursday 14th -friday 15th -saturday 16th -sunday 17th of October 2004.
Full programme and a lot of background stuff at http://www.teks.no/tmm2004 !

Trondheim Matchmaking is a meeting point to present innovative ideas and art projects, a place to ensure and develop competence and resources within new technology and electronic arts.
New art projects with a need for technology – new technologies with a need for substance: an attempt to bind together resources and competence within the field.

Till this year's festival, like last year, we've invited international capacities, that in addition to local and national researchers and artists present a very diverse set of art- and research- projects within new technologies and electronical art. All together more than 60 participants!

In addition to presentations and concerts at Blue Garden, we arrange, in cooperation with Theater AvantGarden performances with Verdensteateret, Kreutzer Kompani and VideoHomeTraining at Trondheim Kunstmuseum and TAG. New of this year is that we curate and produce an exhibition at Trøndelag Senter for Samtidskunst, opening saturday, October 16th.

This year's festival is among other themes focusing on electronical art in public spaces. We see an increasing demand for electronic art as permanent public installations. This bring upon us a whole new range of issues to be mapped and discussed.
PNEK, the Production Network for Electronic Arts, Norway, has in cocperation with NOTAM recently published a book on the subject. We have invited Janne Stang Dahl (PNEK coordinator) and co-editor of the book, "Elektronisk kunst i det offentlige rom" (Electronic Arts in Public Spaces) to enlighten this subject.

Following up on this, we've brought a row full of artists to present a diverse set of artistic projects, like for instance: Natalie Jeremijenko, artist/ professor, UCSD, San Diego, "Fishy Interactions", human interaction with fish (for possible permanent location in Trondheim), Anna Hill, artist, Dublin: "Space Synnaps Systems" (sculptures in space), Even Westvang, artist, Oslo, "Nomen Nominandum" (digital decor. Byåsen skole), Helen Varley, netartist, London: "Upstage" (open-source application, creating a web-based venue for 'cyberformance'.), Bjarne Kvinnsland, composer, Oslo, "The Tunnel of Light".

We take a closer look at the and demoscene, Multimedia art created by hacker and cracker artist; Lassi Tasajärvi, Helsinki, presents the first nordic book on the subject: "Demoscene: The Art of Real-Time".
Digital lifestyle and interaction: Gisle Hannemyr, writer/ speaker, Oslo: "Digital lifestyle", Dag Svanes, researcher, NTNU, Trondheim: "Understanding the interactive experience", Lotte Sederholm, Örebro: "Interactive nordic sculpture park", John Hopkins, nomade: "A life with open-source code".

CONCERTS:
We are really pleased to present a truly strong concert program.
XPLODING PLASTIX ends this year's festival saturday night!
Other highlights are:

Kelly Davis, Tokyo/ Oslo
Gintas K, Vilnius
Ryfylke, Oslo
Nopia, Trondheim
Audun Eriksen, Bergen
VideoHomeTraining, Amsterdam
Murmel, Trondheim
Synkopat, Trondheim

EXHIBITION: "eXistens"

"eXistens" is a misspelling of the norwegian word "eksistens", [existence ].
The exhibition shows art projects where new life, or new realities, created through digital and electronic artworks are the focusing point. Some of the works seem to appear as autonomous identities, in their own universe and with their own life-cycle.

H.C.Gilje: "Sleepers", 2004
Laura Beloff & Erich Berger: "Spinne"
Hilde & Bård Tørdal: "Boyscouts ate my mothers brain!" 2004
Lars Brunström and David Krantz: "Drake", 2004
Trine E Eidsmo: "eMotions", 2003-2004
Knut Mork Skagen: "Everything´s ok with norwegians", 2004
Espen Gangvik: "Live Life", 2004

Vernissage for this year's exhibition, at Trøndelag Senter for Samtidskunst at 18.00.
The exhibition lasts til 07.nov.

TRONDHEIM MATCHMAKING goes on all day,
Friday, October 15th from 09.00 to 18.00
Saturday, October 16th from 10.00 to 16.00
both days with an evening program from 21.00 till late!
Sunday, October 17th only at Teater AvantGarden.

In the daytime, entrance is FREE of charge.
Theaterperformances and friday and saturday's tEx-kLubb at BlueGarden has Cc.

Trondheim Elektroniske Kunstsenter
Trondheim Electronic Arts Centre
Kjøpmannsgt. 59
7011 Trondheim