Re: [microsound] Possibly illegal mp3 sales site

andrew jones finds;

> We just discovered this site today
> http://jetgroove.com/
>
> It contains music from Merck which
> we did not license them to sell nor
> are we receiving any payment from
> them for sales. We're wondering if any
> other labels they carry (they go heavy
> on electronic music) are also being sold
> by them w/o any notification or payment.

Yeah. They "stock" Creme, even one of my own tracks from a compilation.
(should anyone care for a minute of some moody stuff, it´s here;
jetgroove.com/results.html?Submit2=Submit2&page=1&artist=31951 ).

I accidentaly sugested that their server based search function might be
vulnerable to going down under a load of, say, some individuals using that
search a lot, say, at the same time. There is some discussion on that on the
bullentin board at http://www.globaldarkness.com/ in our "discuss" section,
should you be interested in things like that (and not mind a few electro and
disco freaks).

Yours,
Kas.