Re: [microsound] Derrida Article in N.Y.T.

on 10/14/04 1:10 PM, Bill Jarboe at billjarboe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There's a good article on Derrida in the New York Times. You'll probably
> need to log in , here are a couple paragraphs for those who don't want to:

My encounters with people who use "deconstruction" (or a poor facsimile of
it) to tear down other people's ideas in order to prop up their own (as if
that makes any sense!) has served to turn me off of deconstruction and
Derrida. As a consequence, even though I've always suspected that Derrida's
ideas were likely being misunderstood and/or abused by these people, I've
never bothered to actually delve into Derrida's work. Now I will. Thanks!

- William A. Davison
www.recordism.com