Re: [microsound] Derrida Article in N.Y.T.

On Oct 15, 2004, at 12:18 PM, tobias c. van Veen wrote:

> Perhaps if you had read the article, then you would know that the page
> you
> linked isn't much controversy either. tV

no that page very directly states the controversy:

" Jacques Derrida died in Paris on Friday, October 8, 2004. The first
occasion for this site was an obituary published by the New York Times
on October 10, 2004, deemed by many of Jacques' colleagues, friends,
and supporters to be unjust, disrespectful, and unbalanced. A letter
written by Samuel Weber and Kenneth Reinhard to the New York Times
quickly gathered so many signatures that we realized a web site was
needed to record the names of those who wished to be heard."

and 1200 people have signed.

Peace,
912 Euclid Ave.
Birmingham, AL, 35213