Re: [microsound] Re: us citizens... (OT)

There was a recent poll that showed that about 70% of Bush voters could not correctly identify Bush's policy positions, and that 70% also thought there was a connection between iraq and 9/11 and that WMD's had been found.

75% of Kerry voters understood their candidate's position and knew the facts about Iraq/9-11, etc.

So, blame naivety, the dishonesty of the Bush administration, and the unwillingness of the media to accuse the president of flat out lying.

some old punk rock lyrics I felt in my gut yesterday:

nine years into the future, we're still counting the dead and the dying, still totalling the countless hidden victims of heightened state terror, still believing of a peace and prosperity with millions living on the streets and I've got to wonder what the fuck it's going to take, can it be undone, can we stem the tide of violence, or are we gonna sit back and relax and watch tv while the "have nots" get their heads kicked in over and over and over again, keep counting the policies that failed and the lies that worked, they worked, we swallowed them down deep, swallowed them whole.
--nine years later, born against

anthony