[microsound] RICHARD CHARTIER > 11.04 > news/event/release update > sad days for the world

dear all,
first of all thank you to the many of you who have contacted me within
the past 2 days to express your sorrow and disappointment at the
troubling outcome of the US presidential election. i am not usually
outwardly political person but i must say this: i am shocked and
horrified by the lack of thinking of 50% of this population. the
ignorant, greedy, and intolerant have spoken by succumbing to the fear
mongering and zealotry of his administration's campaign. as i now live
in washington dc, i must let you know that 91% of the votes by DC
citizens went to Kerry. Even bush's neighbors don't want him here.
regime change 2008?... i can only hope,

well.... on a lighter note.
today my redesigned website has been uploaded http://www.3particles.com
along with the redesigned LINE website http://www.12k.com/line

i hope you will have a chance to visit and enjoy the new design and
features,
richard

- NEW / RECENT RELEASES

 > OUT NOW . Set or Performance  [ LINE, US  ]  Live performance
recording release. recorded live to disc at VOLT/AA deep listening
event held at SAT [ Montreal, Canada ] 12/03.

 > 4CD OUT NOW . Edition [ LINE, US ] special limited edition packaging
4 CD set entitled Edition. Edition is a collection of the 4 critically
acclaimed full length LINE cd releases: Series from 2000 (LINE_001), Of
Surfaces from 2002 (LINE_008), Two Locations from 2003 (LINE_013), and
the brand new live recording Set or Performance (LINE_018). special
re-packaging release is strictly limited to 100 signed and numbered
units. Lavishly yet simply designed, Edition is a double gatefold
package offset printed in 3 inks in which the CDs rest on high density
foam hubs separated by diecut vellum sheets. Liner notes from each
original sleeve are reprinted within. This cd will only be available
through the 12k/LINE website store, 3particles.com, and my live shows.

 > OUT NOW 12"LP . (1.8)sec.comp  Each artist has contributed a 1.8
second sound file to be a lock groove. Each work ends with another
artists' lockgroove. Includes tracks by Richard Chartier, Tim Hecker,
Mitchell Akiyama, Duul_Drv, Taylor Deupree, Kim Cascone, 3x3is9, Roel
Meelkop.  on (1.8)sec.records [ Canada]. numbered edition of 500. on
white vinyl. TO PRE-ORDER THIS ITEM... PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY. I
SHOULD HAVE THEM IN STOCK SOON.

a very limited number of signed copies of these and other releases are
available via the ONLINE STORE:  http://www.3particles.com/paypal

- ONLINE MUSIC

 > FREE DOWNLOAD . Silver has been made available for free download as
part of the LOOP1 online compilation. http://www.loop.cl
or international users: LINK >
http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?
collection=soulseek_artists&collectionid=loop01
 > DOWNLOAD . Of Surfaces + After and out of print 0/R (with *0/Nosei
Sakata) projects available via Apple's ITUNES Store.
 > FREE DOWNLOAD .  i was asked by William Basinski to create and hour
long mix for his SLIPSTREAM show presented online by PS1/MOMA's WPS1
ART RADIO. this has been completed and will be online this month with
track listing ... so check back soon.  LINK >
http://www.wps1.org/include/shows/Sonorama.html

- CURRENT + UPCOMING EVENTS

 > EXHIBIT . "Herein, Then" in Ecoute @ Centre Pompidou [ Paris, France
] Sept 2004-Jan 2005
 > LIVE . Presences Electronique [ Paris, France ] February 19, 2005
 > LIVE . CHESSMACHINE.2.0 @ Visual Music: See Hear Now LAMOCA [ Los
Angeles ] Late Feb 2005
 > DJ . MIES @ Blueroom [ Washington, DC ] http://www.3particles.com/mies
 > LIVE .  12k/LINE/Apestaartje showcase shows @ Tonic [ NYC ]
(postponed)

- UPCOMING RELEASES, ETC

 > CD . Kapotte Muziek by Richard Chartier & Boca Raton. Korm Plastics.
November 2004. cds will be available through my online store on
3particles.com

 > LP . Retrieval  [ ERS, The Netherlands ] 2004. my first solo vinyl
release. Autumn 2004. This will be two works that were created at my
artist residency at the Music Research Centre @ York University, UK.
based on soundfiles and loops of mine from 1990-1993.

 > BOOK . "On the surface of silence: reticence in the music of Richard
Chartier" by Will Montgomery in BLOCKS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE
UNBROKEN CONTINUUM.
a really great indepth study of my work. Publisher: Sound 323. Editors:
Brian Marley+Mark Wastell. Fall 2004

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ]  delayed: winter 2004/2005. This
elaborately aluminum packaged cd compilation curated by Nibo [
LINE/Raster-Noton] will contain the piece "retrieval#3(for placodes).
artists on this compilation: Carsten Nicolai, Christophe Charles, Frank
Bretschneider, Nibo, Byetone, Richard Chartier, Sachiko.M, Sogar, Steve
Roden, Taylor Deupree, and Otomo Yoshihide. http://www.n160.com

 > 2CD . POST-POST-FABRICATED [ DSP Recordings, Italy ]  Winter 2005.
This 2CD project will have the reformed/remastered Post-Fabricated CD
(originally issued on CDR on Dutch label Microwave in 1999 as an
edition of 200). I was never happy with the sound quality of the final
master due to the engineer and my analog recording limitations at the
time. I recently uncovered the original sound file elements backups and
have reconstructed it in its full digital vitality. This is an odd
recording for me, which you could say is my most "pop" release in its
quirky rhythmic elements. The second CD will be comprised of
remixes/reworkings from the original files by Frank Bretschneider, COH,
Taylor Deupree, Freiband, Goem, Carsten Nicolai, Byetone, Sogar, SND,
Asmus Tietchens, Vend, Matmos, Steve Roden, William Basinski, and
myself. Unreleased works from the 1998 sessions may be included as
well.  http://www.dsprecs.com

 > CD . SPEC.2 / Specification.fifteen with Taylor Deupree [ LINE ]
2005. initial work has begun on this collaboration. It will be based on
our collaborative performances in Rome and Madrid in March and our ICC
installation.

 > PRINT . "L-NExtraction" LINE 5th anniversary print. limited edition
of 30 signed/numbered edition 4 color process iris graphic print on
archival rives BFK. more details to come.

 > CD . Arrangements (working title) [ Raster-Noton. Germany ] 2005