[microsound] Operating range: up to 1 mile...

<http://military.technomad.com/index.html>

"The diesel exhaust from armored vehicles would kill any lessor
loudspeaker very quickly. But moreso, the heat output from an M-1 tank
can melt hair and skin within 8 to 10 feet. It's a tough environment for
all the audio and video gear that is out here, with all the exhaust heat
and smoke, compounded with the smoke generated from explosions, flares,
smoke grenades and canon fire. The speakers get the worst of it, and I
could not find anything else on the market that would endure what the
Technomads have to go through. Believe me, I looked!"

<vze26m98@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>