Re: [microsound] Re: microsound Digest 11 Nov 2004 22:16:14 -0000 Issue 1292

> i have bob katz' book.. and was excited to read it... but after i
>
> the book is NOT written for a newcomer to learn, it's written to
> massage the egos of mastering engineers.

YMMV, subtract the ego and correct for the emphasis on "commercial"
music and I think it's a great overview for people who don't know what
mastering is and why you should think about it.

I found it like reading interviews with Walter Sear: take what you can, if
you don't like the personality, at least those guys have impeccable
records to back up what they're saying. Record in both senses.

They're engineers and curmudgeons. I happen to like both -- on paper
anyway. (But then I like Paul Theroux too.)

 aaron

  ghede@xxxxxxxx
  http://www.quietamerican.org