[microsound] Hobart: Uber_Lingua in Hobart this weekend, doing LINGO with Cluster at SIRENS Friday 19th of Nov... 9pm

Here's the hype relating to a gig I'm involved with in Hobart this
weekend... cheers
______________

Uber_Lingua here again reminding you about our LINGO event this Friday night
the 19th at SIRENS, in collaboration with the Cluster collective. Bring all
your friends coz this is gonna be a big one! We¹re hoping to play tracks in
over 40 languages throughout the night, so expect to be mind boggled.

Due to popular demand the many photos from the first LINGO event can now be
found at http://www.uberlingua.net (click on the crowd photo)

Along with all the exciting stuff that we¹ve already told you about, we can
now reveal that Hobart bodybuilding rapper (originally from Sierra Leone)
?Creator¹ will be performing a collaborative track with Melbourne DJ ?bP¹ in
his native tongue of Mende. Creator bought the house down last month when he
performed two tracks to the 180-odd crowd.

bP¹s an electronic music composer from way back and has a few loops up his
sleeve? This should be good coz they¹re fast tracks so Creator¹s gonna bring
out his Raggamuffin styleee.

Another thing we didn¹t mention in last week¹s email out was the two door
prices? like last time you can enter lingo for six dollars. The alternative
is paying an extra $4 and pick up a limited edition (50 only) Uber_Lingua
MIX CD featuring an hour of tracks from artists who¹ve featured on the first
two LINGO lineups and a few others thrown in? first in best dressed...

Don¹t forget the Greek, Bulgarian and Japanese DJs making this event the
most modern culturally diverse music gig to hit Hobart in a while? ADP
rocked  the crowd at a recent ?polyglot¹ event in Melbourne with some solid
Greek Hip Hop productions, FSB has all the Eastern European dancehall you
need, and Kaigen has some incredible Japanese discs to throw at you (and we
don¹t mean shuriken ninja stars)? along side some of Hobarts finest like
Gusto from Cluster, Cygnet Swiss Mexican Sakamoiz and the above mentioned
Creator? and bP.

Slide projections will come courtesy of John Aslanidis check out
http://www.zonar.net/aslan

LINGO @ SIRENS : Friday 19th of November 2004 from 9pm till 2am
$6 or $10 with CD? http://www.uberlingua.net

demos can be sent to Uber_Lingua PO BOX 2613 Fitzroy 3065 Australia