[microsound] state of beauty

>  your argument feels like a serious of unqualified sweeping
> statements which pass over a lot of the critical detail.. I think its a
> lot more complicated than you are trying to suggest.

i don't think so.

the vast majority of all documented music  is based on rhythm and some form
of harmony, no matter how much academia might want or need to complicate
things.

it would be interesting to turn this into an anthropological discussion,
because isn't that what all this eventually boils down to ? the 'function'
and origins of music ? its 'purpose' ?