Re: [microsound] did someone post this already.... JETGROOVE is back as http://www.audio1.org BEWARE

List;

What really needs to be done is to get a rep and a licensor who is
proper in Russia.  I have done business over there, and it's a bloody
nightmare dealing with their so-called rights collectors.  They've all
been a joke, run by ex-KGB good-old-boys and greasy mafia sorts.  The
RIAA is smarmy, but doesn't hold a candle to these bozos.  They bootleg
at will, because according to Russian copyright law, any jerk can by the
"license" to release something for about $40 US.  Not a good situation
at all, so I don't think our little Russian friends have anything legal
to worry about.  Yet.

Brian Klein wrote:

>its funny that they place "copyright 2004" at the
>bottom of their page.
>

>--- Dale Lloyd <dkl37@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>>please be sure to contact these JETGROOVE people
>>>

>>who are trying to > rip labels/artists off YET
>>AGAIN... going under a new name
>>
>>I already did. It's incredible that they didn't
>>learn anything from their
>>first attempt, and it's humorous that they claim to
>>have a legal
>>department when it's all too obvious that these
>>people have never
>>been to law or business school in their lives.  ;-)
>>
>>The only thing I can think of, is that they must be
>>young, naive,
>>bored, and like the negative attention they've been
>>getting, regardless
>>of how pointless it is or where it could wind them
>>if they don't give it up.
>>
>>Best, Dale

Regards,

Rudolph A. Carrera