Re: [microsound] wuz pixels per minute? now digital africa

what about the abacus?

what about bead work and decorative clothing that's essentially pixel
(bead) based? very digital.

a lot of the ancient paintings are also highly bitmapped, symmetrical and
repetitive. just like an old sierra videogame.

obviously a lot is influenced by nature, especially animal fur patterns,
but i can't help to think about cellular images of our own biology as
well... our own pixels that form us, whether or not you want to stop at the
cellular level or go right down to muons and quarks...

on the other hand, the ancient african sculpture work is very vector
looking, smooth elongated lines, ovals...

as far as eno, it reads to me that that whole 'africa has soul' bit and
europe doesn't... the computer doesn't have soul because they are the
product of white people with no soul, no funk, no groove, all business, no
fun. whatever the hell that means... sounds more like something bono would
think is clever...

anyway, i saw the movie electric dreams and i know for a fact you just have
pour champagne on your pc and it will most definitely have soul... and try
and steal your girlfriend through bad synth arrangements of cello music...
i hate that.

g.