Re: [microsound] early cd skipping

On Dec 13, 2004, at 2:52

The usual reference is to Oval in the "early 90's," but as the CD is an early 80's technology I figure there must be recorded examples of people abusing cd's in the 80's.

PM, srooney@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Nicolas Collins was also an early CD skipper. A recording that features
this is called "100 of the Worlds Most Beautiful Melodies" or something
along those lines. Not sure how that stacks up time-wise to Tone, but he
is definitely an innovator in that realm.

Interview:
http://media.hyperreal.org/zines/est/intervs/collins.html

/sean

Yasunao Tone was a pioneer in this field. I don't know exactly when he
started skipping CDs, but I think it was as the technology started
development..