Re: [microsound] [OT] FCC Insanity

>  Sometimes it is the artist who is insane.....
> gansta rap had its days

Hmmm..... Maybe we should all sit down, throw on a David Banner, or
Trick Daddy album, try not to listen to the dirty words and hear some
amazing music that would fit beautifully alongside some of the best
micro-house etc.  There is defiantly a minimalist approach to some of
the production and I don't think it has "had it's days"

I guess this is more of a response to one persons statement than the
people will dismiss the validity of a whole form of music.

That being said, I think people need to smarten up.  I don't think D12
should be raping about rape.  I think the problem is not fixed buy
censors...  it's a lot bigger than that.

Last Point:
> Walk into any experimental/techno record shop and tell me how > much censorship you see there.

There is an album that I have that I purchased at a record store I
worked at.  I can't remember the name of it, but it was released on
rrr records and deals with the Holocaust.  It states right on it that
it is in remembrance of the victims etc.  A lot of people saw German
writing and a war helmet on the front that wanted us to remove it from
the store assuming that it was raciest and needed to be censored.
Just an example of censorship hapening in an Experimental record shop.

-chris