Re: [microsound] Transmediale 05

devslashnull;

> Also interested in impressions of Transmediale in general from those
> who have attended in the past.

I played there once and got to see and enjoy some of the other acts too. I
found quite pleasant though I would´ve liked to catch more of the readings.
Transmediale has serious elements and fairly straightforward performances in
a more entertainment direction. I can enjoy both so I liked that but one
impression I got was that some of the audience there had a hard time
switching "modes". I´m not sure -for example- you´ll get the most out of a
performance involving a blowupdoll and britney mashups if you treat it like
high art and debate it´s meaning while stroking your chin..... Ah, well, who
am I to tell others how to enjoy performances.

I suppose that my point is that Transmediale has a lot to offer in different
veins. I found all of it enjoyable and most of it highly creative. Talked to
a lot of opemminded interesting people too.

Our little crew did get into a little disagreement which draged on for days;
we had gotten a apartment to sleep in in Berlin and it had a fridge with
food. That food was meant for lunch. The problem was that we ate from it at
the wrong times, not that we ate too much, no, it was at the wrong times. I
kind of felt for the poor girl that was supposed to keep a eye on us, I
don´t know what else she was supposed to arange but clearly it was a bit too
much at the same time and somehow this resulted in our midnight snacks
becoming a major problem. In the end we just went to the supermarket and
restocked the fridge but somehow that didn´t help and the whole issue made
her quite upset. She did get us fresh bread every day, it all became a
little sureal.

-erm-

But that´s just a funny tale, probably not representative for anything.
:¬)

For what it´s worth...
Kas.