Re: [microsound] [ot] yet another reason to switch to Firefox/Mozilla

On Dec 31, 2004, at 12:00 PM, Kim Cascone wrote:

http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/holes/story/0,10801,98636,00.html

We don't need your FIrebox bigotry! Safari suits me just fine. ... *clicks anyway* ... Ah, this is targeted at Windows users. Well, in that case, duh. ;-) Anyone using IE on Windows is asking for it.

Also, if you are authoring for Firefox, as I have tried with the re-tooling of my site, there are some serious CSS (parent/child conflict) glitches with Firefox (whoch I discovered much to my dismay!!). I've tried, honestly, but am still having trouble making things work right...

And the Bookmark search function which I use all the time (with a bookmark list around 1500) crashes the program 50% of the times I do a search... :-(

Otherwise, it's a good go, but these are major probs for me personally... maybe they'll fix things soon...

I use Explorer, Safari, and Firefox and occasionally Mozilla and Opera ... (on a Max OSX)

jh