[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[microsound] Job opportunity at the Exploratorium - FEB 1 deadline!
- To: microsound <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [microsound] Job opportunity at the Exploratorium - FEB 1 deadline!
- From: derek holzer <derek@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 01:47:25 +0100
This got posted to the Phonography list, but I thought it would be
topical here as well. *Almost* makes me wish I still ive din SF...
AUDIO & SOUND DEVELOPER
Center for Public Exhibition
Full-time position (with some flexibility)
The Audio and Sound Developer uses strong conceptual, creative, and
technical skills to
develop and redesign exhibits for inclusion in the Exploratorium's new
The position is in the Center for Public Exhibition, which has primary
responsibility for the
public museum floor. This is a fixed term, full-time position funded
2006. Qualified candidates available for less than a full-time schedule
will be considered.
The position will report to the Listening Project Manager.
· Design, develop, and produce highly accessible audio-based exhibits
for the new
"Listening" area of the museum floor.
· Evaluate and redesign existing exhibits to fit within the new
· Support the exhibit development efforts of other project team members
expertise in sound and audio technology.
· Conceptualize, research, and develop materials on topics involving
sound, hearing, and
· Work collaboratively with scientists, educators, artists, exhibit
developers, and media
professionals on team-based projects.
· Manage own projects, meet deadlines, and attend project team meetings.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelors Degree.
· Minimum 3 years experience in audio production and/or sound manipulation.
· Background or strong interest in science, sound art/design,
humanities, and public
· Demonstrated proficiency in a variety of audio production tools and
software, such as
Peak and Pro Tools. Knowledge of MAX MSP plus at least one other signal
package a plus.
· Familiarity and demonstrated proficiency in state-of-the-art audio
· Demonstrated troubleshooting and technical problem-solving abilities.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to
on project teams.
· Knowledge of inquiry-based teaching strategies helpful.
· Able to lift & carry up to 50 lbs for short distances, move from place
to place, and use a
computer terminal as well as basic office and shop equipment
Please submit on or by Tuesday, February 1, 2005.
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a fixed-term, full-time (37.5 hours per week), exempt, union
(grade 20, step 1)
position that pays $845.63 per week and includes benefits. This
fixed-term position is to
end on or before September 30, 2006. Qualified candidates available for
less than full-
time will be considered. Please indicate your preferred schedule in your
apply by sending cover letter and resume to:
Exploratorium, 3601 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123
Fax: (415) 561-0370
E-mail: resume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (attachments not accepted)
No phone calls please
The Exploratorium is committed to a diverse workforce
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 36:
"Consult other sources
To unsubscribe, e-mail: microsound-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: microsound-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx