[microsound] NEW : Ernesto Rodrigues / ARCHIVE : Takuji Tokiwa

Stasisfield begins the 2005 release season
with a new recording and an old favorite.

+ NEW RELEASE

 SF-4001: Prisma : Ernesto Rodrigues

Portugese violinist, composer, and Creative Sources Recordings label head Ernesto Rodrigues begins our fourth year with a set of acoustic improvised music recorded in Lisbon, Portugal. Recorded by a trio consisting of Rodrigues on violin and viola, Michael Thieke on clarinet and alto clarinet, and Guilherme Rodrigues on cello and pocket trumpet, the three tracks in Prisma move from sparsely claustrophobic twittering percussive noises to hi-frequency drones and expansive breathing exercises to deceptively simple plucked strings and bowed notes. Along the way, the structure of the tracks' musical events becomes denser, yet the sounds break free of their original condensed field to paint a broad acoustic landscape. A challenging, compelling set of music.

Available for download and streaming at:

[ http://www.stasisfield.com/releases/year04/sf-4001.html ]

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

+ ARCHIVE RELEASE

[A new feature at Stasisfield: every month we will present a release from a previous year that has been taken offline and archived onto our series of MP3 archive CDRs, making it available for one month only. Our first back-online archive release comes from the Stasisfield : Year 01 Archive CDR. ]

SF-1006 : Four Tears : Takuji Tokiwa

Composed by Japanese sound artist Takuji Tokiwa, Four Tears is "an electroacoustic symphonic poem." Its four distinct movements each display a slightly different acoustic approach, moving from manipulated field recordings to layers of synthesized sound. The four movements build slowly and contemplatively, meandering between ambient drones and visceral noise.

Originally released 13.05.2002

Available for download at:

[ http://www.stasisfield.com/releases/archive/ ]

As always, thanks for listening.