Re: [microsound] [ot] minidisc recorders

From my experience with the minidisc (used one steadily from 1999 until
last year when it finally died) - if it is subjected to constant
vibration for over a minute or so w/ out pause it will shut off -
that's why I always sat it on a towel or folded t-shirt when recording
shows with it. Generally a fine enough unit  for archiving things to
not really be released for audiophiles, but the adtrac encoding is a
little weird i.e. my audio technica stereo mic always picked up people
talking at shows, but thanks to adtrac, I could never really make out
individual words from voices in a crowd  - creating instant paul
lanskyish chatter...
chris