[microsound] new member introduction

Hello. My name is DaveX. I am a new member of the .microsound list; I
thought I might take an opportunity to introduce myself.

I am an experimental sound artist in Southern Illinois. I am very interested
in trying to make sounds and recordings that are what I think of as "sounds
from the future", or sounds that have no connection to the present. I am
also interested in using these sounds to overwhelm the self, and possibly
transform the experience of the listener into something more like an
"accident" rather than a controlled action.

I often find that my music is lacking some element that would make me
satisfied with it, although I am often very satisfied with the process of
creating it, and the ideas surrounding its composition, etc.

For the past five years, I have hosted a weekly experimental radio show at a
volunteer run, not-for-profit community radio station. Anyone wanting more
info on that can e-mail me directly: itde AT mchsi.com

In addition; I collect produce stickers, solid color plastic animals,
photomat photos, remote controls for the Midwest Clicker Museum, Jimmy
Swaggart albums, pictures of cattle, and bizarre vinyl.

I am hoping that by being a part of this list, I'll be able to further
understand a lot of what I didn't "get" in Curtis Roads book. *lol*

DaveX

ps- I love discussion. If I bring something up in an e-mail that is
interesting to you, and maybe not terribly useful to the general microsound
list, don't hesitate to e-mail me. "As knives, so does one man sharpen
another."