Re: [microsound] Death of electronic music

One thing about the electronic music in discos and other clubs: They are not meant to reflect our time and future. Or help us understand something deeper about those issues. It is pure entertainment. But maybe the music played in discos and clubs really do reflect our time and future and actually helps us understand it: that kind of music have only one function, and that is to entertain. Considering our present time I find it highly relevant. People are used to, these days, to get entertained, to consume, to throw away. The music played in discos is just as much part of the play, as any other quiz show on television. And another thing, take Britney Spears or her alike, is it not art that she can sell millions of albums? Is it not art that Andy Warhol could charge 500 USD for opening the window in The Factory for 15 minuts to let the noise from New York embrace the people there?
I don't think that everything, including music and other "art" stuff, should have that speciel label "art". Art is just a function, a way of communication. And some music have another function that you don't have to make you reflect upon a lot of deep stuff. It just sounds good. I am truly happy about the existence of that kind of music in my record collection. I would be fed up with it if I had to do that every time I listened to music. Another fucntion could be to entertain or to make people dance.

-best
/.kspr

..monobond
http://monobond.pale-dawn.dk