[microsound] microsound vs. DJ culture

What is the relationship between "microsound" and "DJ culture?" Is the first a subset of the second...a stylistic genre? Are they completely separate, culturally autonomous realms? Or somewhere in between?

If DJ culture is about popular music, is microsound about unpopular music?

What role does race legitimately play in musical discourse. Is DJ culture really related more to "people of color" than what? non-DJ culture? Is microsound a music of people of non-color?

Does the terminology "DJ Culture" itself prevent critique by presenting itself as more than just music. In what way is this really the case?

I am trying to answer these questions for myself with little definitive luck so far. Can anyone help me out?