Re: [microsound] rfid

Brian Klein;

> yeah most clothes don't have barcodes or rfids, unless
> you're buying them from certain stores, or you leave
> the price tag on. but a good idea might be to take cds
> (or other musical media) and scan their barcodes.

Hmmm. We can already scan sound, it might be much more interesting to scan
non-sound products.

I remember one gizzmo from a decade or so ago that was stirring up a hype in
Japan. This "Barcode Battler" would transform a scanned barcode into
strength/defence/whatever for imaginary combatants. You and your friends
could pitch various products against eachother. If memory serves this caused
a riot when some kind of pasta turned out to yield exceptionally high scores
and all fans ran out to get it...

Just imagine how some innocent little product like oatmeal might be the new
amen break of Microsound. It would be exceptionally funny if the best sounds
would come from relatively expensive products that would be of no use to the
average Microsounder.

On a more serious note; many laptops come with IR ports. The addition of a
source of infra red might get a dedicated tweaker a suitable barcode reading
device at little cost.

Kas.